Taylor & Mathis of Florida garners seven TOBY awards including Property Management Company of the Year at the 25th annual BOMA Miami-Dade TOBY Awards
MIAMI, FL –January 25, 2013 – Taylor & Mathis of Florida has garnered seven TOBY (The Office Building of the Year) awards from the Miami-Dade chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA).
The organization held its 25th annual award program January 11th at The Biltmore in Coral Gables. “We are so proud of our exceptional staff. Their commitment to the T&M Family and unified efforts of achieving excellence was noted by the judges as exceptional and rarely seen in our industry. This was the determining factor in their decision to name Taylor & Mathis as the Management Company of the Year, ” stated T&M Director of Operations, Marlene Diaz.
Among the seven awards received by Taylor & Mathis are
- Property Management Company of the Year
- Peter Romero, Senior Property Manager-Waterford at Blue Lagoon - Principal Member of the Year
- Milly Pinero -Assistant Property Manager of the Year/ 5+years
Building of the Year Awards:
- 550 Biltmore, Coral Gables – Renovated. Renovations for which the award was received included lobby renovations as well as mechanical and HVAC systems.
- 6505 Waterford - Corporate Facility
- 6100/6303 Waterford - suburban office park - low-rise
- 355 Alhambra, Coral Gables - 100,000 to 249,999 Square Foot Building
The TOBY Awards are the most prestigious and comprehensive programs of their kind in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in office buildings and rewarding excellence in office building management. During the competition, all facets of a building's operations are thoroughly evaluated. Buildings are judged on everything from community involvement and site management to environmental and "green" policies and procedures.
These BOMA awards come on the heels of Taylor & Mathis of Florida’s Tampa office garnering two Best of the Best Awards from the Tampa Bay Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP). Taylor & Mathis earned Best Developer honors for a second time for their role in the development of MetWest International on behalf of owner MetLife while the development was named Best Mixed‑Use Project. NAIOP is a leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate.